Monday, September 13, 2010

I went Apple Picking

Hi everyone,

We went Apple picking to the historic "Dame Farm" near our home last weekend.  Apple picking is so much fun.  I get to choose the tree and then get on Appa's shoulders and pick the apples I want.  We started with a modest goal of 1 apple from each tree and soon discovered that we will need a tractor to take the apples home and resorted to 1 apple from each row. :-)



We picked macintosh, gala, red cortland, russet apples.  Asian pears and pears were not ready for us yet.  They would be in the next trip - early October!

The apples really tasted yummy.  After finishing off a gala and a red cortland in the orchard, I finished two more after dinner.  I will not be seeing the doctor for a while now….  


Achoo!  aaaah... Guess I spoke too soon.

Lot of action in the next few weeks.

See you later,
Saaranga