Saturday, November 24, 2007

Deepavali - Festival of Lights

Deepavali wishes to everyone. This is my first Deepavali. Traditionally, we celebrate Deepavali with a nice oil massage and a sacred shower symbolising win of Good over Evil. Well in my case, I get the best oil massage every day from amma. She does magic with her fingers. So nothing was special with the bath. But evening was special. I got a Jubba as a gift from Sumana aunty. Appa also wore a Jubba and amma a nice Sari. We all took some snaps (you can see a few in the latest album) and appa savored amma's lentil payasam


Before I posted the Halloween entry, I forgot to write about my New York city trip to see the Incredible India show and also meet some of the legendary Yakshagana artists. Sri Shambhu Hegde, Sri Nebburu Narayana Bhagavata to name a few graced the occasion. I had the best time so far seeing all the color and cultural richness in the event.

Legend:
Deepavali - Festival of Lights
Jubba - Traditional Indian long shirt
Payasam - Sweet Dish

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cutieee...........smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!